Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Novice

This is a new endeavor for me - an exploration of sorts.

One might ask, "Why do we need another blogger in the blog-o-sphere?" Well, "we" don't (whoever that pronoun might be referring to). It is not necessarily that cyberspace needs more thoughts, opinions, or information floating from one bright screen to another. There is certainly enough in the river of hypermedia to quickly drown the unassuming traveler.

However, I have come to believe that communication is at the centre of personhood, it is at the core of our being-in-community. And the cyber community has become a place for the free flow of that human communication to occur. I simply hope to engage in the ongoing dialogue (or multi-logue as the case may be).

One of my favorite philosophers, Michael Polanyi, has spoken about epistemology as personal knowledge. In some sense, this blog will be an exploration into the tacit dimensions of that personal knowledge to explicitly articulate some of that implicit experiential understanding, to the degree that articulation is indeed possible. And through this heuristic process I hope to grow - building on that foundational fiduciary framework.

In other words, I hope to engage in theology at its best - that is "faith seeking understanding." And if my journey is of any benefit to you, then that is a bonus, for my role is simply to bear witness. Blessings ~ RLS

No comments: