Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Adoption & New Life

This is Kelsey. She's the newest member of our family. My younger sister and her husband just adopted Kelsey, and so I have my first little niece.

It seems like children are popping up all around us (that's popping, not pooping, mind you)! My older brother and his wife will have their first child in about a month - some good friends in our small group just had their fourth child last night - many of my cousins are squeezing out babies left and right - friends all around us are having babies - and now, Sara & I are beginning to catch the baby fever. Maybe it's just our age and stage in life...you know mid to late 20's, but it seems like we can't turn around without finding out about another pregnancy.

Every time I'm reminded of the miracle and mystery of life - I'm also befuzzled (that's kind of a mix of bedazzled and befuddled) by all the crazy names...I just can't keep all this unique individualism straight. What an amazing gift we've been given - life. What better time to reflect on the gift of life and the power of adoption - than in these days as we continue to soak in the joy of the resurrection. I pray that the power of the resurrection is at work in your life, that we might experience God-life through adoption into His household - may you find all the peace, joy, and love that exists in His presence. Until next time - Blessings in Christ ~ RLS

No comments: