Monday, January 8, 2007

Be Thou My Vision

Be thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that thou art;
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, thy presence my light.

Be thou my Wisdom, and thou my true Word;
I ever with thee and thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Parent, and I thy true child,
Thou in me dwelling and I with thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor all empty praise;
Thou mine inheritance, now and always;
Thou and thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my treasure thou art.

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Rather than offering my inadequate thoughts and ruminations, I thought I would offer one of my favorite hymns for reflection today. Blessings ~ RLS

No comments: