Thursday, September 20, 2007

Out of Egypt

Have you ever wondered about what is not said? "But there are also many other things that Jesus did; if every one of them were written down, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written." What a way to end a story. The door is left wide open for an imaginative narrative about the central figure in human history. Anne Rice decided to step through that door.

The only thing I knew about Rice, prior to reading this novel, was that she wrote about vampires, which caused me to be a bit hesitant in picking up her book. However, I must say that when I finally did I was pleasantly surprised. She did her homework - it's evident in her Author's Note that she explored some of the best biblical scholars out there before writing this novel. In fact, it was an endorsement by N. T. Wright that made me finally decide to read Rice's book. If you're looking for a unique read then I would recommend checking out Christ the Lord Out of Egypt. Until next time - Blessings in Christ ~ RLS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard,
This one is on my "to read" list. I checked it out at the library when it first came out, but lost time and did not get to read it. I have heard great things about it.