Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Vocation

I don't think that many of us associate the raising of Lazarus with our vocation. When we think of vocation - we tend to think in terms of our occupation or job. The late A. J. Conyers helps us understand that Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead is a rich image of the biblical understanding of vocation. We are raised from meaningless death and called to participate in the divine life and mission. He says it so much better than I could - you can read his article here. Until next time - Blessings in Christ ~ RLS

A. J. Conyers was a professor of theology for George W. Truett Theological Seminary at Baylor University. He died in the summer of 2004 after a battle with cancer.

2 comments:

David A. Todd said...

Richard:

I hadn't looked closely at your blog for over a week, first due to my cold last week then due to busy-ness at catching up. I did today and saw this post, right after posting one titled "Vocation Rules" on my blog. Coincidence?

Thanks again for helping me set it up, by the way.

Anonymous said...

VistAttirenix

[url=http://healthplusrx.com/pellagra]pellagra[/url]
laustitty