Saturday, July 28, 2007

Brain Fart

Have you ever had a big, fat brain fart? I've experienced a few really toxic brain farts myself. In fact, I'm working on putting together an application for a PhD program in Christian Theology and I seem to be experiencing a prolonged flagellants in the cerebrum area. I have to develop a short summary of my research proposal and send in a writing sample. I know what I'm going for, but for some reason all that I can get out seems to have a foul odor hovering around it. Any suggestions on how to clear the air? Do they make a gas-x for the mind? Words of wisdom or encouragement in this area would be much appreciated. Until next time - Blessings in Christ ~ RLS

1 comment:

David A. Todd said...

Hmmm, how to improve your writing, or how to overcome writer's block, or how to organize your thoughts?

Most of my inspiration, any more, seems to come while walking in the parking lot on my noon hour. When I'm not trying to better memorize one of my poems, I think, and typically get inspiration, only hoping I can remember the inspiration until I get back inside to write it down. For writers block, I read. For gaining inspiration, in additioning to walking I read the Bible. For improving writing, I read tips on how to do it.