Monday, March 5, 2007

Questions

Okay, so I asked a question yesterday that no one has responded to yet, and the better part of my judgment is telling me to let people respond to that before asking any more questions, but I just can't help myself. Yesterday, I asked for help in convincing my wife that I should get a bike - and I still need help with that because she isn't anywhere near being convinced. But, I'm a bit of a dreamer...so I began thinking, what if she says, "okay." Now, mind you, it will not be an enthusiastic sentiment; rather it will be a concession to my incessant pestering - like a child who keeps asking a parent, "can I please, can I please, can I please..." until the parent finally says fine, just leave me alone.

Anyway, if through persistent prayer and petition I am able to get her to say, "fine, just leave me alone," then my next question is, "What kind of bike should I get?" I'm not an experienced rider, so I would like some feedback about a good first bike. We would use it primarily for recreational riding. I don't envision us taking any cross country trips in the near future, but I would like to be able to take some longer "weekend" type trips. What are your thoughts? I'm a novice and would like to hear from other riders. Blessings ~ RLS

5 comments:

David A. Todd said...

Schwinn.

Seriously, you need to talk with people like David Mittendorf (who was at our church a year or so ago--or was it two?--but we missed him due to coming back in town from some trip and being too tired to go the extra 15 miles to church). Again, Paul and Trish might be of some help.

Anonymous said...

Alot of it depends on how much you want to spend and if you want to be called a Honda Rider...

Richard said...

I suppose I'll have to be called a honda or yamaha rider, or some other dirty name...simply because we couldn't afford a "real bike" - you know on all the dough I'm getting as the associate pastor :)

Anyway, I'm leaning toward a Honda VTX / Shadow or a Yamaha V Star, used of course. But, it is still a ways down the road - Sara's not convinced yet and we don't have the money right now.

Anonymous said...

My brother had Honda Shadow and it was a nice easy riding bike, see the Uncaged post about convincing your wife

strollerfreak - Mel said...

A V-Star or Shadow isn't a bad beginner bike...like Bart said his brother had a Shadow, and our karate instructor's wife rides a V-Star.