Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Working Witness

What a week! I can't even begin to describe all the ways that God worked in and through this group that dedicated their Spring Break and/or vacation time to work on houses in the Gulf Coast area. There were 16 in our team (two of them were already down there when we took this photo) - we also worked along side two other teams. We got to know each other pretty well since there were over 50 of us all sleeping on a gym floor and sharing one shower for men and one for women. Maybe I should have given up showering for Lent?

I've been meaning to get on here for some time to chronicle our trip, but even now I don't really have any time. I've been playing catch up ever since we got back into town - catching up on rest and work (there were at least half a dozen lumberjacks sleeping in the gym and we drove throughout the night to get there and on the way back as well). I can't go into the details but this week back has been even busier than I anticipated. When things calm down a bit, I'll get on and blog some more about the trip and other reflections on my mind as we approach Holy Week.

I will say that we did more than work on damaged houses...we offered hope. God did more work on us, in us and through us than anything we did all week long. If you'd like to see pictures of our trip email me at rlschneberger@sbcglobal.net and I'll set you up to see our online album. Until next time - Blessings ~ RLS

No comments: