Friday, March 2, 2007

Trust Me

Leader! The way is dark. I can barely see the path. Where are we going?

'Trust me.'

Are you sure that this is the way? It doesn't seem very promising. I'm not so sure about this.

'Your heart falters - have you turned back? I know that you have looked down other roads. Paved highways, smooth and clearly marked...but trust me.'

I want to trust you, Lord, but it's hard. Everything in me says, "Go the other way! It's safe."

'Your heart is not worthy of trust...it is deceived and false. The safety is only an illusion - that way is fraught with all kinds of danger - the danger of safety. I am the way to true life. Trust me.'

Leader, I trust you...help my lack of trust! I will follow you because you know the way. Now, can you tell me where we are going?

He says with a glint in His eye and a smile, "Trust me."

No comments: